The following is a list of volunteer opportunities with the Humane Society of Central Oregon. Click on the title to download the pdf of the position:
- Canine Companions: Volunteers provide exercise and companionship for adoptable dogs.
- Clerical Assistant: Assist shelter staff with office duties such as filing, making copies, filling adoption packet, etc...
- Events & Community Outreach: Provide information about responsible pet ownership at community events, schools, and other opportunities to disseminate information to the community.
- Feline Friends: Help groom and provide stimulation for cats & keep their kennels clean. Assist the shelter staff clean cages in the mornings.
- Foster Home Care Program: Provide a temporary home for cats and dogs, kittens and puppies.
- Handyperson: Assist shelter staff when building and grounds projects arise.
- Photo Assistant: To assist staff and pet photographer in taking quality pictures of the adoptable animals.
- Shelter Ambassador: Welcome shelter visitors and point them in the right direction, dispense literature and general information, and make sure the first face they see is a happy one.
- Thrift Store: Assist in sorting, displaying, and sales of items at our Thrift Store. Assisting with weekly furniture pick-up is an additional volunteer opportunity.
- Vet Clinic Assistant: To assist clinic staff with cleaning, surgery prep, and other tasks to streamline clinic procedures.
- Work from Home: Help with occasional clerical duties or special projects that can be done at home.
Some volunteer opportunities may require additional training and /or qualifications.