HSCO primarily serves the City of Bend, southern Deschutes County as well as surrounding counties. See a map to our locations here.
County dog licensing and cat ID available at the Bend and Redmond shelters, as well as the county building on Wall Street.
HSCO Serves Companion Animals and the Community:
- Provides care for 4,000 lost, abandoned, neglected and abused companion animals each year.
- Adopts companion animals into loving responsible homes.
- Provides Lost and Found reporting program.
- Dog Licensing and renewal site. County Cat ID tags available. Also at Redmond and Prineville shelter and county dog licensing on Wall Street.
- Humane Education programs to schools, organizations and at community events.
- Spay/Neuter Assistance Programs: SNAP (Spay Neuter Assistance Program)
- Volunteer Opportunities for adults, organizations, and community service youth programs.
- Pet Visiting Program brings animals to Alzheimer’s and nursing home facilities.
- Pet Food Assistance Program
- Community Service Programs for court mandated adult programs.
- Shelter Tours & Presentations to interested individuals and groups.
- Tales for Tails Reading Program