HSCO primarily serves the City of Bend, southern Deschutes County as well as surrounding counties. See a map to our locations here.
County dog licensing and cat ID available at the Bend and Redmond shelters, as well as the county building on Wall Street.
HSCO Serves Companion Animals and Deschutes County by:
- Providing physical, medical, and behavioral care for thousands of abandoned, neglected and abused companion animals each year.
- Adopting companion animals into loving responsible homes.
- Providing a lost and found reporting program.
- Serving as a dog licensing and renewal site. County cat ID tags available.
- Offering humane education programs to schools, organizations and at community events.
- Providing a Spay/Neuter Assistance Program and vouchers.
- Offering volunteer opportunities for adults, organizations, and community service youth programs.
- Providing full service private cremation of companion animals.
- Providing a pet food assistance program to pet owners with demonstrated financial need.
- Serving as a community service program for court mandated adult programs.
- Giving shelter tours & presentations to interested individuals and groups.
- Serve as Deschutes County Sherriff’s and the City of Bend Police Dept. lost pet holding and care facility.
- Operating a Low-Cost spay, neuter and wellness clinic for the public.