Camp Furry Friends 2017
This year marks the year of our brand new Summer Camps for kids! Its a great opportunity for children to participate in a special learning experience, dedicated to the humane treatment and care of animals.
Campers will participate in daily presentations from animal experts, observe group animal training, craft workshops, and enjoy some hands-on animal time. While the program will vary depending on the age of the campers, our camps may include activities and learning experiences such as:
- Pet safety, handling techniques and learning about animal body language
- Making toys and crafts for shelter animals and designing murals for display in our Thrift Store
- Learn how we work with local K9 officers and animal control and what it takes to maintain our animals “home” here at the shelter
- Help feed, treat and train animals at the shelter
- Talk with other young volunteers and join in being a volunteer for the day
Our program is designed to build confidence, teach kids how to responsibly care for animals, inspire empathy and learn more about animals in general. Camps are limited this summer and will fill up fast. Sign up today!
First Session; July 24-28 (Mon-Fri)
9am-12pm; Puppies or Kittens; Going into 3rd & 4th grades ** This camp is SOLD OUT. Please consider our second option listed below, August 7-11.
1pm-4pm; Big Dogs or Big Cats; Going into 5th, 6th, & 7th grades ** This camp still has availability.
Second Session; Aug 7-11 (Mon-Fri)
9am-12pm; Puppies or Kittens; Going into 3rd & 4th grades
1pm-4pm; Big Dogs or Big Cats; Going into 5th, 6th, & 7th grades
Camps are held on the campus of the Humane Society of Central Oregon’s Shelter; 61170 SE 27th Street, Bend, OR. Activities will move about the Shelter and be held both indoors and outdoors.
Please download the following registration form, print and complete. Submit registration in one of the following three ways:
- Mail: Completed registration form with payment (check or credit card) to 61170 SE 27th Street, Bend, OR 97702
- Deliver in Person: Completed registration form with payment (check or credit card) to 61170 SE 27th Street, Bend, OR 97702
- Fax: To 541-312-8916 with credit card payment provided
Registrations are limited and accepted on a first come-first served basis with payment included.
$140.00 per person, $125 each for additional child in immediate family
The program will include
- Program Participation
- Camp T-shirt
- Activity Book
- Daily Snack & Water
- Goodie Bag
- Cancellation made between March 1 and April 30 is entitled to a full refund minus $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation made between May 1 and June 19 is entitled to a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made after June 19 are non-refundable.
- Refunds are not given for any period of absence from camp.
- Please CLICK HERE for a list of frequently asked questions OR