HSCO Serves Companion Animals and the Community:
- Provides care for 4,000 lost, abandoned, neglected and abused companion animals each year.
- Adopts companion animals into loving responsible homes.
- Provides Lost and Found reporting program.
- Dog Licensing and renewal site. County Cat ID tags available. Also at Redmond and Prineville shelter and county dog licensing on Wall Street.
- Humane Education programs to schools, organizations and at community events.
- Spay/Neuter Assistance Programs: SNAP (Spay Neuter Assistance Program)
- Volunteer Opportunities for adults, organizations, and community service youth programs.
- Full service Private Cremation of companion animals. Read more details below.
- Pet Visiting Program brings animals to Alzheimer’s and nursing home facilities.
- Pet Food Assistance Program
- Owner Requested Euthanasia
- Community Service Programs for court mandated adult programs.
- Shelter Tours & Presentations to interested individuals and groups.