Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the HSCO Thrift Store. It’s a fun and flexible way to help the animals and generate funds for the shelter. Our store raises approximately 40% of yearly revenue for the programs and services we offer in Central Oregon. Volunteers play an essential role in our Thrift Store operations by assisting customers, receiving donations, sorting, and pricing items while working with HSCO staff.
Thrift Store Volunteer Requirements
• Make a time commitment of a minimum of 6 months
• Commit to volunteering at least 2 hours a week
• Must pass a basic background check if over 18 years
• There is a nonrefundable onboarding fee for each applicant: $25 for adults & $15 for youth
• The minimum age to volunteer at the thrift store is 12.
• Youth ages 12-15 must be actively accompanied by an adult 21+
• Have regular access to internet and email
Volunteer Orientation & Training
All approved volunteers must attend volunteer orientation held at the shelter, which introduces you to the volunteer program and HSCO’s services. You will also participate in a thrift store orientation where you’ll get a tour and decide on your volunteer placement.
HSCO Thrift Store Volunteer Application
Once your application is received, the Volunteer Department will contact you with the next steps in the application process, including sending information on the background check/onboard fee process and required training dates. Thank you!
Please read the requirements here if you need community service hours for Court Mandated Hours.
If you are looking for community service hours for school projects or would like to learn about more opportunities for youth, please click here: https://www.hsco.org/volunteering/students