Camp Furry Friends Spring & Summer 2020
Camp Furry Friends offers a great opportunity for children to participate in a special learning experience, dedicated to the humane treatment and care of animals. Campers will participate in daily presentations from animal experts, observe group animal training, craft workshops, and enjoy some hands-on animal time. While the program will vary depending on the age of the campers, our camps may include activities and learning experiences such as:
- Pet safety, handling techniques and learning about animal body language
- Making toys and crafts for shelter animals
- Learn how we work with local K9 officers and animal control and what it takes to maintain our animals “home” here at the shelter
- Help care for animals at the shelter
- Hear from experts which may include pet photography, veterinary, nutrition, agility, nose work, grooming and more
- Talk with other young volunteers and join in being a volunteer for the day
Our program is designed to build confidence, teach kids how to responsibly care for animals, inspire empathy and learn more about animals in general. Camps are limited and will fill up fast. Sign up today!
Camps are for ages 9 to 12 years old.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 12:30pm.
» March 23-27, 2020 POSTPONED
» July 20-24, 2020
» July 27- 31, 2020
» August 3-7, 2020
$145.00 per person, $125 each for additional child in immediate family
The program will include:
- Program Participation
- Camp T-shirt
- Activity Book
- Goodie Bag
- Cancellations made more than 6 weeks before camp starts are entitled to a full refund minus $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made 4-6 weeks before camp starts are entitled to a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made within 4 weeks of camp starting are non-refundable.
- Refunds are not given for any period of absence from camp.
Camps are held on the campus of the Humane Society of Central Oregon’s Shelter; 61170 SE 27th Street, Bend, OR. Activities will move about the Shelter and be held both indoors and potentially outdoors.
Please download the following registration form, print and complete. Submit registration in one of the following four ways:
- Mail: Completed registration form with payment (check or credit card) to 61170 SE 27th Street, Bend, OR 97702
- Deliver in Person: Completed registration form with payment (check or credit card) to 61170 SE 27th Street, Bend, OR 97702
- Fax to: 541-312-8916 with credit card payment provided
- Scan and Email to: Gillian@hsco.org
Registrations are limited and accepted on a first come-first served basis with payment included.
- Please see our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Call 541-382-3537