Ongoing volunteer placements are based on an approved Group Application. Approved applicants will have set and designated tasks. This option is great for school groups and businesses/organizations who want to continue volunteering.
One-time volunteer opportunities are a great way to expose your group to the shelter or thrift store environment and the volunteer program. Activities may include working on the dog trails, sorting and pricing items at the thrift store, making cat and dog toys, etc. One-time opportunities are perfect for social groups, Girl Scout & Boy Scout troops, or other groups looking for a team bonding experience. One-time volunteer placements are based on an approved Group Application.
Group Volunteer Requirements:
• No criminal history for any participants
• Does not exceed 12 participants
• If your group is mostly youth, please provide one adult supervisor per 3 kids.
• Youth will need to be a minimum of 9 years old to volunteer at the shelter
• Youth must be at least 12 years old to volunteer at the thrift store.
• Some groups will need to provide HSCO with proof of insurance. The volunteer department will let you know if this applies to your group.
HSCO Group Volunteer Application:
For both Ongoing and One-Time options, please read the Group Volunteer Handbook and then submit a Group Application by clicking on the “Apply Yourself” button below. Once you download the application, please complete it and email to email@example.com
Once we receive your group application, the Volunteer Department will contact the primary contact to discuss options and availability. I appreciate your interest in volunteering with your group at HSCO!